You are here »Home / Resources / Guess Papers / Guess Paper (Biology, 9th Class, 2010, Science Group)
Please login to rate this resource.
In 19th century, the compound microscope was highly advanced and biologists observed things just a micrometer apart. After this, a series of discoveries started, which provided basic information for cell theory.
1. In 1831 - 33, Robert Brown discovered nucleus in cells of plants.
2. In 1838, a German botanist Mathias Scheiden observed that all plants were made up of cells.
3. In 1839, Theoclor Schwann observed that the bodies of of animals were made up of cells which were similar to plant cells.
4. Thus, Schleiden and Schwann formulated the "Cell Theory". According to this, all organisms are made up of cells.
5. In 1840, J. Purkinji gave the name "Protoplasm" to the things found inside the cells. At that time, cell was considered as a bag of thick dense substance containing a nucleus.
Later on, resolving power and quality of microscopes were highly improved. Section cutting of tissues and cells and their staining became easier and better. It revealed that cell was not a simple mass of granular substance; instead it contained many sub cellular bodies called "Organelles". Each organelle has a definite job in the cell.
6. Human is made up of about 60 trillion cells. From Amoeba and unicellular algae to whales and tallest red wood trees, all' are made up of similar basic units called cell.s All animals and plants are thus made up of cells and cell products.
New year 2015
We condemned terrorist attack on Pakistani children in Peshawar, and feel sorry for the families suffering.
May Allah Pak destroy the attackers and
Ho you will describe the Pakistani players reaction after winning the semi final match against India. They took off their shirts.... What do yo think
Iss ka kya mtalab hota hai jab koi player aisa bayan daita hai
"حارث سہیل کہتے ہیں کہ کپتان اور کوچز نے انھیں بھرپور اعتماد دیا ہے اور یہ اسی ا
Moalims are a private institutional information system with over 2,500 institutes registered from all over Pakistan and growing day by day, by the grace of Allah. It is established in 2009. It will be the largest education information system of its kind in the Pakistan Inshallah. As a global network, Moalims aims to give Parents, Teachers, students and Professionals a quality information and to prepare engaged People/citizens who shape not only the communities they live in, but also the wider world.
A project of Web & Network Solutions Limited